MANAGING STRATEGIC PROPOSALS
In this online, instructor-led course, you learn essential skills for managing a proposal or proposal volume in any market. You learn how to lead teams to produce written or electronic proposals in response to a Request for Proposal (RFP) or other bid document. You also learn key steps in proposal planning and execution, beginning with understanding all requirements to assigning and managing contributors at all key milestones of proposal development.
Course Description and Learning Objectives:
This interactive course builds the proposal management skill set through lecture, discussion, and exercises using a case study. It begins with all necessary steps for planning and effectively managing development of a compliant and compelling sales document.
This 2-day online course is delivered as a series of 1.5 to 2 hour facilitator-led sessions with breaks between so you can complete brief case study exercises.
You will learn to:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and key competencies of a Proposal Manager
- Convert action-based sales strategies into proposal strategies or win themes based on customer hot buttons
- Develop a comprehensive compliance checklist
- Create a compliant and detailed proposal outline
- Make assignments to appropriate contributors to the proposal
- Prepare for and conduct an effective kickoff meeting, including providing clear instructions to authors and contributors
- Lead proposal teams in regular and ad hoc status meetings
- Prepare for and conduct effective proposal reviews and action plans
- Support interactions with your customer after proposal submittal
Who Should Attend:
- Proposal Managers
- Proposal Writers
- Business Developers